Underwater Tour 2018
Picture this! Four world-class photographers! Four live events. Four Australian cities.
Underwater inspiration, adventure and discovery!
Tickets on sale now!
“An Australian ‘first’, the Underwater Tour 2018 presents a stellar line-up of world-class underwater photographers, hitting the road together across Australia for a series of entertaining, inspiring evening events 9-12 May 2018” says joint founder Juliette Myers.
‘Each photographer has their own specialist niche, and all will share enriching stories of exploration and discovery from behind the lens’. Tim Hochgrebe, joint founder, adds ‘tickets are selling now’.
- Jürgen Freund, a Senior Fellow of the International League of Conservation Photographers, will take us on his personal journey sharing stories of The Coral Triangle, The Great Barrier Reef and The Great Sea Reef.
Jürgen’s imagery has brought recognition to the extraordinary biodiversity, unique cultures, and environmental challenges facing our connected waters and has helped visualize the significant marine work of one of the world’s leading conservation organisations, the WWF resulting in the book The Coral Triangle.
- Jason Isley, based in Kota Kinabalu, has filmed across the globe on productions including the recent BBC Blue Planet 2 series, Emmy award winning Life series and the Disney IMAX production Sacred Planet. Jason’s stories will cover his behind-the scenes view as an underwater cameraman, photographer and publisher of a collection of stunning books.
With tales from ‘Small Blue World’ and his most recent leatherback turtle project, Jason will show us how, through his images and passion for marine conservation, he connects people with our underwater world.
- Darren Jew is a five-time Winner of the Canon/AIPP Australian Science, Environment and Nature Photographer of the Year Award. Darren has spent the last 30 years capturing imagery and sharing the marine environments of the world, partnering with WWF, Tourism Australia and more recently with Canon and National Geographic in an underwater episode Tales by Light.
From delightful, surprising underwater time-lapse photography in the warm waters and reefs off Lady Elliott Island, to cold water adventure with orcas in Norway, Darren will co-present with Jasmine Carey to share with us their photography, inspiration and journey towards developing a personal style.
- Dr Richard Smith, flying in from London, is a marine biologist by training with a PhD in sygnathids. Richard is recognised as a global voice for these enigmatic fishes through international organisation the IUCN Seahorse, Pipefish Stickleback Specialist Group and is the appointed global pygmy seahorse expert for citizen group iSeahorse.
Combining science and photography, Richard will talk about his marine discoveries and provide insights into how learning about the underwater environment can greatly improve a photographer’s experience. His zoological perspective, as well as tips and tricks, will show you how to see the underwater world in a whole new light.
Meet and chat with the photographers. Mix and mingle with representatives from our world-class touring partners, SEACAM, Wakatobi, Walindi, Solitude Liveaboards & Resorts, Christmas Island,Tourism Malaysia and DAN Asia Pacific and like-minded ocean lovers.
Brisbane Wednesday 9 May
Perth Thursday 10 May
Melbourne Friday 11 May
Sydney 12 May
For more information and tickets visit www.underwatertour.com.au
• Friday 29 July Halls & Marina: 10am to 7pm
• Saturday 30 July Halls & Marina: 10am to 7pm
• Sunday 31 July Halls & Marina: 10am to 7pm
• Monday 1 August Halls & Marina: 10am to 7pm